BACK PROBLEMS - HEALTH FORUM TOPIC | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » RODENT/RABBITS/DEGUS » Health
mod
TeddyandSidney Mar 24 '14
I thought I would share my tale regarding my bad back. In November 2002 my twin brother and I came to live in our Forever Home. Then 30 July 2007 Mickey did a poop and broke his back and had to cross Rainbow Bridge. Three years after that I started to show the same symptoms. I have been rushed for an MRI scan and surgery three times now and had two extra bouts of cage rest. I have calcification of the spine and its these which crumble and squeeze the discs and causing ruptures. dachsies are long and like a brick, dont do stairs. I am not allowed up or down any steps and there is a ramp from the back door to our patio. I am not allowed on any furniture without being chaperoned in case I jump on the floor and shock my spine. My sweetest Vals Mommy has made me several harnesses so there is no strain on my neck. Daddy regularly checks my paws to see they dont knuckle. Knuckling is when Daddy folds my paws in like a fist and makes me stand. if there is no paralysis then I react and stand on my paw. Good response you will always fight to stand upright and not stay knuckled. I am insured and so far its cost them £12,000. The rule of the house is four paws on the floor and no jumping or fighting. Any human visitors are taught to hold me correctly and support my weight and keep me straight.
The Forum post is edited by TeddyandSidney Mar 24 '14
admin
We Three Mar 24 '14
admin
We Three Mar 24 '14
mod
EXCELLENT VIDEO! WELL DONE IN FINDING IT !
admin
We Three Mar 24 '14
Mom has this bookmarked! easy to find
Rangoon Mar 24 '14
Och, now I understand your wish to have adventures and be a hero. Keeping our paws crossed for you!
mod
i hope my adventures and misadventures are a lesson to help others
bar dogs
 Scooby , is strong & tuff he is the leader of the pirate band he sails the sea's far & wide  to protect us pets from other pirate gangs hehe
mod
TeddyandSidney Mar 25 '14
YUP THATS ME !!!
mod
TeddyandSidney Mar 26 '14
Ooooh arrrrrrrrr

you have found a easter chick well done
The Forum post is edited by shadowbobbi Apr 17 '14
mod
TeddyandSidney Mar 30 '14
My new medicine seems to be working. Got to do little but often exercise on my neck to strengthen it before my holiday by the sea at Easter.
bar dogs
Be a good boy Scooby , do as your mum tells you so you will be fit enough to go on your holiday
mod
TeddyandSidney May 23 '14
I have been very good and take my meds every day. In four weeks I go on my Pirate ship adventures with Mommy and Daddy for three weeks so I must be fit and healthy for fighting dragons and getting treasure for PHC